The songs that come from my mouth, the words that come from my heart, the music that comes from my guitar... may God be able to reach through them, and touch you. As I sing, for my King, may you find something you're looking for... peace in the middle of strife, hope in the middle of desperation, comfort in the middle of pain, joy in the middle of unhappiness, or compassion in the middle of loneliness. These songs are MY soul, laid bare...they have been my cries, my praises, and my prayers. Am I comfortable with sharing them?...I'm not quite sure yet (LOL) but I know that the songs He has given to me, have done great things in my life...may they, also, in yours.
Oh, and I forgot to tell you...I may just get on here sometimes, to "Ramble On" about what God's doing <3

February 11, 2011

UNDER MY KITCHEN SINK...

Okay, so I have this Bible verse which I painted, under my kitchen sink, when we first moved into our house. Of course, it's painted THERE, since that is where I spend most of my time :)


Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."


EVERYONE WANTS TO SUCCEED!
Something I love about this verse, is that it doesn't say ~DO~ whatever the Lord says, and your plans will succeed. I don't know about you, but I'm not always sure what He wants me to do. Obviously, if we do what the Lord says, we succeed, but yet it says ~COMMIT~ to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.  So, I looked-up the word commit in the dictionary, and the definition is "To consign; entrust." Then searched for consign... "To set apart, as for a special use or purpose." Hmmm, now, entrust..."To give over (something) to another for care, protection, or performance."
So, if we ...

~set apart whatever we do for the Lord's use/give what we're doing over to Him for His purpose... than our plans will succeed~

It has to do with our INTENTIONS! How many times have we been unsure and asking God to show us what He wants us to do?! Even better yet, how many times have we SINCERELY THOUGHT we knew what God wanted, and been wrong :(

 He knows our intentions :)
He knows whether we are truly seeking Him, and His ways, or whether we are seeking our own way. He knows when we want HIM to be glorified or when WE are seeking glory.

I think this is exciting! It takes so much pressure off! Thinking that I have to be perfect is horrifying!!! But, doing what is right, is "Setting apart, whatever we are doing, for the Lord's use/giving what we are doing, over to Him for His purpose"! It's our intentions that matter, not our perfection!

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3


3 comments:

  1. THanks for this sister! I really enjoy the mini "bible study" - love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how on point this is with my life right- and how much you have blessed and encouraged me by writing it. Luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I finally got around to checking this out. The only darnedoo i have is that I can't hear the music but the energy you have radiating through here is GORGEOUS! Bless you.
    I'm glad we met. Oh, this is Stephanie,... Autumn's mom...from church (yup, we go there every blue moon).

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete